Wednesday, June 11, 2008

lifedirection.google.com

There are many times in my life when I have wondered "what am I supposed to be doing?" Perhaps the better question would have been what will I choose to do next? Or maybe even, "what is the best possible thing I can do next and how will I manage to screw it up?" Every time it seems as if things worked themselves out, and I ended up exactly where I needed to be. Going back to OBU was a lightning strike decision, I was sitting in the sanctuary of 1st Baptist in Arkadelphia during Refuge one thursday while on a recruiting trip for SKY Ranch. It was clear as day that I was supposed to be back at OBU, no questions.

Now I'm sitting in Omaha, feeling like I'm miles from where I need/want to be but also having the suspicion that there is something very valuable for me here. I am managing a restaurant, which is not what I have a degree in. Strangely enough I have the desire to own my own business, and perhaps that will be part of my journey. And it is a journey.

I actually wrote this post because I have been pondering the thought that perhaps people need to hear from friends and others they respect (bosses, professors, etc...) what they excel in, and what they are good at. Or perhaps I just need to hear those things because I'm insecure, and I am insecure about what I am gifted in. I think I was gifted to be a teacher but I'm not sure. For all I know people could dread when it is me teaching, perhaps they wish they were anywhere else but there. Then again I'm insecure about many other things, and need constant affirmation as to my value.

That is all for tonight, I am restless and want to work for myself, but also teach. I will write more about what I hope to accomplish during my life at a later time, but perhaps sooner than later.

grace and peace,
Hayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home